Recipe: Cranberry Dip
I brought this dip/cheeseball to work a couple of weeks ago and it received a wonderful response! My apologies to the creator; I don’t know who you are. I received the original recipe from my mom and since I couldn’t find cranberries in Oklahoma in July….I changed some of the amounts and the way it’s supposed to be assembled and made it my own.
Cranberry Dip with Toasted Pine Nuts
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
4 ounces dried cranberries, chopped
1 bunch green onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
Juice of 1 lime1 Tablespoons sugar
Pinch of salt1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
1. In a bowl, combine cranberries, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, sugar and salt.
2. Stir and set aside.
3. Toast pine nuts in a pan on the stove. Let cool to touch, then chop.
1. Mix cream cheese and sour cream together.
2. Add cranberry mixture and thoroughly combine.
3. Spread in a shallow dish and sprinkle with chopped pine nuts.
Then...watch it disappear.
I linked up to: